From its inception, Tabor feels a deep commitment to helping people rebuild their lives by assisting clients in the pursuit of permanent housing and the achievement of economic self-sufficiency. We believe deeply in the importance and power of showing compassion for others less fortunate; in helping them learn to help themselves we form a path to enduring hope, as they rebuild their lives and as a result strengthen the community. To maintain our services to the community, Tabor relies each year on the private support of individuals, businesses, corporations, churches, and foundations. Tabor has long been committed to careful and thoughtful use of the resources it is given, proud of our record in obtaining measurable results in the lives of our clients and of our community. This support helps us provide a very valuable resource to individuals as well as to the community as a whole.
Making a donation to Tabor can be one of life’s greatest joys. By planning your charitable giving, you can make your dollars go further than they would by simply writing a check. Here are 13 planned giving options that can help ensure that the work Tabor does continues well into the future.
1. Put Tabor in your will.
2. A donor advised fund is a unique, flexible and accessible way to make a difference and receive tax benefits.
3. A bequest plan can help Tabor even after your death and may also help you reduce estate and inheritance taxes.
4. Make a gift of stocks or mutual funds shares to Tabor and decrease the amount of taxes due on their gains.
5. A gift of real estate is an option for owners of farmland, commercial or residential rental property, or vacant investment land.
6. With gifts of farm commodities – grain, livestock, even honey – you can deduct the cost of production and may qualify for other tax benefits as well.
7. Donate a traditional IRA to Tabor at your death and avoid paying substantial taxes that would be due.
8. A charitable lead trust allows you to use an income-producing asset to support Tabor and save taxes. You retain the asset principal yourself or pass it on to those you care about.
9. Life insurance is a practical and affordable way for you to give more – $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 – than you may have thought possible.
10. A gift annuity is a great way to help Tabor while providing you guaranteed payments for life and freeing you from managing funds you intend to eventually give away.
If you would like to discuss a planned giving option or want a personal visit please contact Phyllis Stacks, Vice President for Development, Tabor Community Services or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.