Tabor Community Services is seeking two full-time assessment workers for a new County-wide homeless services coordinated assessment system which is now known as CHART - Community Homeless Assessment and Referral Team.
The Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness (LCCEH) has selected and contracted with Tabor to establish and operate this new system in Lancaster County to provide standardized and coordinated assessment and referral services for everyone who is seeking services from the local network of homeless services providers.
The CHART Workers, who report to the CHART Manager, will provide professional direct customer/client service for everyone who is referred to or seeking services from the CHART System. CHART Workers will be responsible to:
* Conduct initial screenings for those who walk in or choose not to use the 2-1-1 Call Center
* Conduct standardized in-depth assessments for all those referred by the initial screening process
* Make appropriate referrals to programs and services as determined by the assessment
* Enter all data and information from initial screenings (when needed), assessments, and referrals into HMIS, the Homeless Management Information System.
* Provide short-term case management services as needed for those who are being diverted from entering shelter
* Associate's degree in social work or related field; bachelor's degree in social work or a related field strongly preferred
* Preference given to applicants with a year or more of case management experience
* A valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle are required
* Ability to write and communicate professionally in English
* Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
* Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, staff of other agencies, and the general public
* Training and/or experience in mediation and problem solving helpful
* Well developed interviewing and assessment skills desired
* Experience using client management information systems in human services helpful
* Knowledge of and experience in the homeless services field desired
* Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations to be served
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction, resume, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references to:
CHART Manager, Tabor Community Services
P.O. Box 1676
Lancaster, PA 17608-1676
(717) 397-5182, ext. 251
Review of resumes will begin on June 24, 2012 and continue until both CHART Worker positions are filled.
The full job description of the CHART Worker positions is available under the "Employment Opportunities" section under the "About Tabor" heading.